
Last Saturday I played rugby with the UCLA grad school team against Thunderbird. They drove up Friday night to come play. I was in charge of getting the fields and the only thing I could find was Stoner Park. Stoner Park is a ghetto of a field and coincidentally has a skate park. Well, because I found the crappy field I guess I deserve to be the one that gets injured. The second half of the second game I go to tackle this massive guy. 6'6" at least and 220. I know I am 6'5" and 200, but those marginal additions make quite a difference. So I put everything into this tackle and actually pushed him out of bounds. (that is big in rugby, more than it is in football) But when I landed I felt my arm just go completely dead. That was Saturday. it is still numb. Today. Friday. Yesterday i went and got an X-ray, they had me come back today. Nope, it's not broken. So they told me to come back Tuesday to get an EMG. What the hell? Why couldn't you have done that today? Do they just enjoy getting me to pay the co-pay? Is that how they make all their money?
So this pick is after i crashed. The guy to the left is the guy I tackled. He looks smaller because he is in the background, but still you can tell he is a giant.
The night before we had the SM3 Halloween party, then in the morning drove down to San Diego to go surfing with Tom and Greg. After I drove back to go play rugby then went to Brewco with the rugby players then Huntington for their party. a busy 24 hours. I was a Wheaties box. Breakfast of Champions.
No comments:
Post a Comment